Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This I Believe assignment

1. A link to the essay:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10853582

2. Author:

3. Title:
Admittance to a Better Life

4. One sentence of what the belief is:
I believe that education has the power to transform a person's life

5. 2 examples from the story that showed their belief:
1)
I still wonder what happened to that happy-go-lucky semi-thug who used to hang out with drug dealers on dimly-lit street corners. Well, I'm in the library parsing a Jane Austen novel looking for dramatic irony, while many of my old friends are dead or in jail

2)When I was on the streets, I never felt I was good at anything, but I wrote this poem about a girl who didn't care about me, and it got published.


6. 1 favorite passage:
For me, education was the rabbit hole through which I escaped the underclass.


No comments: